Written with love, by Sarah-Elizabeth Labelle (not for long!)
We meet the perfect person and spend countless hours boring our friends about how they are the love of our life. We take a hundred selfies together and go for endless amounts of romantic strolls (we become professional romantic strollers). Then you blink and they are down on one knee asking the question you’ve always dreamed about. Before you know it, people begin asking you about colours, vows, and dresses – all the dresses! You totally immerse yourself in the bridal lifestyle and there are days you begin to question your sanity (truly, if you don’t, you will). But then one morning you wake up, and start to think..."This time next year we’ll be married. This time next month, we’ll be married. This time next week I’m getting married."
It starts to click that this isn’t about a wedding that makes the day so special, it’s that year or years that you spent planning together, growing together, and learning about your future spouse. All that stress may have not been ideal, but you stuck it out and realized there was no one you would rather argue about cake flavours with. As my engagement and bride-to-be journey comes to a close, I want to take a moment for all the stressed brides and grooms. Take a deep breath and remember that for better or for worse, you’ll always have someone to go pick up the wine.
During that last week of wedding crunch and countdown, remember to take time to make yourself healthy, smart meals that keep you fuller longer! This one allows you to take advantage of some partner cooking and of course the BBQ! Slender Sliders are the healthier hamburger that won’t make you feel guilty about a second serving!
· 1 lb ground turkey
· 1/2 onion chopped or diced
· 2 tsp. garlic
· 1 tsp. parsley
· 1 tsp. basil
· Sliced cheese
1. In a large bowl hand mix ground turkey with onion, garlic, parsley and basil
2. After thoroughly mixing, take a golf ball sized handful and between your palms squish down until patties are roughly 1’ thick
3. BBQ on the grill. If cheese is desired then cook top side first, flip and add cheese. If cooking on a frying pan, begin with 1 tbs. of olive oil on medium heat. Use the same process as the BBQ
4. Add any toppings you desire!