Written with love, Sarah-Elizabeth Stone
How did Mr (or Mrs) Right do this past weekend? Was Valentine's Day everything you had hopped for and more? Or was it perhaps a learning year for our dear spouse?
My first Valentine's Day with my husband was when we we're still disgustingly new. We were that couple who Instagrams each and every overly PDA moment of their new lives together. Of course I got the flowers and chocolates and teddy bear. I squealed with delight when they were all laid out on my parent's kitchen table. It was the real deal and I of course proceeded to Instagram it.
But there is something I've learned over the past 6 Valentine's Days together -- Although I absolutely love to be spoiled, and yes I'm a big sucker for the 'holiday', what I love more is our little moments...the days that don't need flowers, but I still get them. The mornings I don't have to have breakfast in bed and I'm still brought it. It's those moments that remind me that Valentine's Day can be any day of the year.
Try this recipe for a random breakfast in bed treat!
• 1 package of bacon
• 2 cups of shredded cheese
• 1 green onion
• Salt/pepper to taste
• 2- 4 slices of bread
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Spray large muffin tin with non-stick spray or grease with butter/olive oil
3. Take a glass approximately the size of the inside of the muffin tin and use it to cut out circles of bread
4. Place in the bottom of muffin tin
5. Top with small amount of cheese
6. Cook bacon until it's about half done, about 3-5 min
7. Absorb the grease with a paper towel and then wrap the bacon around inside of muffin tin
8. Crack one egg into each spot carefully so as not to break the yoke.
9. Top with salt, pepper and green onions
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on egg preference. Roughly 15 minutes for a runny egg and 20 minutes for a more firm egg