Written with love, by Sarah-Elizabeth Stone
New Years is a lot of pressure. Pressure to find the kiss, or engagement. Pressure to host an amazing party, or attend in a fabulous dress. Make that New Years resolution and keep it, at least until people forgot what it was in the first place. Eat right, fit into the dress, smile big for pictures and set the tone for the entire year going forward.
But you know what? 2016 is just a new number on the end of an ongoing adventure. An opportunity to keep building and looking forward to many more blessings in the future. People stock far too much value into a day that should be more of a reminder to take in each moment, because time is so very fleeting. So whatever magical, or disastrous way you rang in the New Year, remember; you wake up to a new number every day anyways, so make that the one that counts.
This one is super easy, and all you need is everything left in your fridge after the holidays!
• Turkey (or chicken, duck, beef)
• 2 slices of bread
• ¼ tsp of minced garlic
• ½ tbs of butter
• 1 tbs of mayonnaise
• ½ cup of gravy or stock
• Any side dish veggies that were served
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Toast bread with butter and garlic in the oven for 3-5 minutes
3. On another tray heat up the veggie sides for roughly 5-7 minutes
4. Spread mayonnaise on both the toast slices
5. Next pile on those veggies, top with your turkey or chicken
6. Over medium heat, warm up the gravy and drench the whole sandwich
7. Serve with any of the remaining sides!