Many of you have been following my blog since it began last August and even more of you are new to my site. So today, I wanted to take a quick moment to tell you who we are and why we are here.
For those of you who have not read our "About" section, my name is Jenn and I am the founder of The Overwhelmed Bride. I have been a wedding coordinator for the past six years and have worked with hundreds and hundreds of brides. For a couple of years, I was doing around 130 weddings per year so I can truly say that I know weddings front to back and upside down. And last summer, I had the experience of being on the bride side and saying "I Do" to my now husband, so I definitely know the feelings you are all experiencing from engagement and through the planning process.
How did this all begin?
After leaving my last company, I had some time on my hands while I was in the process of searching for a new job. Now I am the kind of person who cannot stand sitting around and doing nothing, so I decided to start a blog to take up some of that free time. I created the website and started writing. A couple of months down the road, my site had progressed. I had changed the style a couple of times, had signed up for a couple of social media accounts, and had gained a pretty large following, to my surprise. This was something I was doing for fun so I could not believe so many people loved what I was doing!
So after a couple of months of writing, I really fell in love with what I was doing. I couldn't stop those Instagram posts late at night as I saw a gorgeous pair of wedding shoes. And each morning I would wake up and couldn't help but begin to write! And then it happened...I knew that this was what I wanted to do. I want to make The Overwhelmed Bride my career.
I absolutely love waking up to emails from brides with a question about how to cut down their guest list, or sending over an article that may help with some stress they are facing. It puts such a huge smile on my face and that is what allowed me to realize that this is what I am supposed to be doing.
What makes us different?
I know, I know. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of wedding sites out there and a majority of them have blogs that go along with them...but we are a little different :)
I know how stressful planning can be. You pinned everything you love and created the best inspiration board for when the time comes. And then you begin planning and realize that the table cloths you fell in love with are $300....each! And those chiavari chairs are $7 per chair, and the decor you just have to have will be an additional $4,000, let alone the open bar that will cost you $8,000 for your 150 guests. I know, it's expensive.
Many wedding websites having amazing inspiration, inspiration that you would need to spend $70,000 on to make a reality. They show you the weddings that a majority of us cannot even come close to affording. Now I am not saying you can't dream and look at those beautiful photos out there - we have a Pinterest to show you that we love that inspiration too! But here at The Overwhelmed Bride, we cater to the every-day bride. We provide tips and inspiration for the couples that aren't going to be able to spend $50,000 on their wedding day.
So when we feature a wedding, it is a wedding from one of our followers. When we write a post on how to get you through a stress-free wedding day, the plan isn't to hire someone to do it all for you. We keep all of our brides in mind and do our best to bring you helpful content - content that will benefit every bride out there.
How can we help you?
If you haven't had a chance to look through our site, we have so many ways to help you out! We offer:
- FAQ Tuesday: Ask us anything wedding related and we will answer back on our site that day!
- Monthly Contests: Fun contests for your chance to will some cool wedding prizes!
- Blog Posts: If you have a question that can't be answered in a quick sentence, we will blog about it!
- Featured Weddings: We want to feature your wedding on our site for the world to see :)
- Featured Vendors: Every Wednesday, we feature a vendor who writes a guest blog on their area of expertise...because we don't know it all!
- Email: Yes, I have an email AND a contact form right on the site...and you can email me when you have questions! Crazy how that works, isn't it?
- Wedding Coordination: I am a coordinator myself so would love to help you plan your wedding at the most reasonable cost I can offer. And I can travel anywhere! Email me and I will get you a quote ASAP!
- Bridal Mixers: A wedding show, but much less overwhelming. You tell us your budget and vision, and we will invite vendors who match that!
- Social Media Inspiration: If you want to see daily inspiration, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. (links at the top of the site!)
- Blog Subscription: You can subscribe to our blog and each post will go directly to your email!
We have so much to offer and we are always looking for new ways to help YOU! If you have an idea, send it our way!
What do we ask from you?
Everything on our site is absolutely free! Of course, minus the coordination services but maybe one day they will be! :)
If you love what you read, or love what you see, we would love for you to spread the word! We cannot have a site without all of our amazing followers out there so would love for you to Tweet an amazing article you read, #repost some inspiration you see on our Instagram, or "share" a contest you're participating in on your Facebook so the rest of the world can see.
I love blogging for all of you and doing my best to get you to and through a stress-free wedding day but I can't be a blogger without a growing following.
Thank you so much for being such an amazing follower of The Overwhelmed Bride and just remember, I am here to help in any way I can. So let me help you stay stress-free throughout the process :)