That long-awaited feeling as you step into the 5th gown of the day after thinking, "I'll never find the perfect wedding dress!"
Your heart begins to flutter, the dress sparkles like no sparkle you've ever seen before, you get a twinkle in your eye and you look like the most beautiful bride in the entire world.
Sorry to break it to you, but it doesn't happen like you see it in the movies. Yes, many girls get that "feeling" you always hear about but unfortunately for the rest of us, that "feeling" never comes.
Does that mean I should keep looking? Should I just give up and settle?
We all wish that a light bulb would go off in our brains or a twinkling star would appear telling us, "THIS IS THE DRESS!" But oftentimes, it's a bit harder than you think to make that decision. I mean, these are the photos you are going to look at for the rest of your life, this is the dress you will become a wife in, and this is the moment you've been waiting for since the dress up days!
So instead of relying on "the feeling," I've put together a list of other ways you may be able to tell that you've found your dress (or reasons you know it isn't THE DRESS), and you can then stop searching! No, you don't need to check off the entire list, but just one or two on there, and you can be sure that your search is done!
How do I know I've found (or haven't found) my wedding dress?
1. You hated the look of it in magazines and yet, you love it when it's on you.
2. You leave the bridal salon without a dress, but you just can't stop thinking about it.
3. Once it's ordered, there's no turning back aka no returns. If that thought scares you at all, then it's not the dress!
4. It flatters your current body.
5. You feel the prettiest you've ever felt...even if you aren't wearing makeup!
6. You just want to put it back on a second, third, and fourth time.
7. You WANT your friends and family to take photos of you in it!
8. You know that he will absolutely love it...because he is the one you're trying to impress!
9. You love it even though your friends and family hate it. Because YOU are what matters.
10. You can imagine yourself wearing it on your wedding day!
11. If there is any doubt in your mind, it is not the dress.
12. The tears flow as soon as you put it on...and that's called "the feeling."